Great boards do not just happen.
Strategy and work are behind every high performance board. Mirror Stage is currently seeking enthusiastic, responsible, collaborative advocates who will hold Mirror Stage and themselves to a high standard of performance and are eager to actively participate in making Mirror Stage a world-class theatre company. We are committed to diversity at all levels: on our stage, in our audience, on our staff, and within our leadership.
Board member responsibilities include:
- Setting policy
- Supervising and evaluating operations in a financially, ethically and artistically sound manner
- Representing Mirror Stage in the community and building enthusiasm for Mirror Stage programs
- Promoting attendance at Mirror Stage productions, programs and events
- Recruiting new board members, advisors and supporters
- Identifying, cultivating, soliciting and/or stewarding the relationships and resources needed—financial, personnel and other—to produce high-quality professional theatre productions
More than any other single factor,
the right board determines the long-term viability of Mirror Stage.
Your contribution of expertise, time and support is critical to the survival and growth of Mirror Stage. This is a leadership level position.
**Knowledge of or background in theatre NOT required.**
As the governing board for a small, emerging arts organization, this is a working board, with each board member expected to play an active role. The board culture is fairly informal and collegial. Mirror Stage offers clearly defined expectations, a promise of no breakfast meetings, and a lot of fun with some terrific people.
Selection & Recruitment Process:
For more information about joining Mirror Stage’s board, download and review the attached board prospect packet files by clicking on the document title(s), below. Fill out and submit the interest assessment along with a résumé, and then meet with the Managing Artistic Director to ask and answer any questions, and assess further interest. Prospective board members then attend a board meeting to meet the other board members. If the fit is right and the interest mutual, the candidate is then elected to a two-year term of board service.
For more information about joining the board, Contact Mirror Stage, or call 206-686-2792.
For more information about other volunteer opportunities with Mirror Stage, click here