7th Annual GiveBIG:
Wednesday, May 10, 2017!
- Because you care about social justice, and increasing empathy and understanding.
- Because you want to challenge assumptions, bias and prejudice.
- Because equity and inclusion are important, and you want to continue to see the full diversity of our community reflected onstage.
- Because you value the opportunity to explore the complexity of contemporary issues from different perspectives.
- Because innovative programs with meaningful content requires resources, and we need your help.
- Because you believe in the power of theatre and Mirror Stage.
The first $5,000 of donations made between 12:00am PDT and 11:59pm PDT on Wednesday, May 10, 2017 will be matched 1-for-1, thanks to a generous Mirror Stage donor. Double your donation by donating early!
GiveBIG Seattle is a one-day online giving event to raise funds for nonprofit organizations serving Greater Seattle. Donors will have the ability to make an online donation starting on April 27. To schedule a donation, just create an account on GiveBIGSeattle.org. You will receive a confirmation email receipt upon submitting the form, and your donation will not be processed until May 10.
Travel, work and other responsibilities create busy lives, and early giving ensures you have the opportunity to donate when it’s on the top of your mind. Because these gifts are processed in the early hours of the event, it also helps the nonprofit organization(s) you donate to get a good start to the day and will encourage other donors to give.
NEW IN 2017:
Dollars for Change
Dollars for Change is a new donor-driven effort that will award more than $350,000 to participating King County nonprofits. Using a computer-generated selection process, donors will be chosen to have their contribution to an organization generously boosted with a $2,500 award. Dollars for Change will benefit nonprofits of all sizes, but will place a greater emphasis on small- and mid-sized organizations.
Multiple GiveBIG donors will be chosen every hour over a 15-hour period, starting at 7 a.m. PDT on Wednesday, May 10. The selected donor’s gift will be leveraged and the GiveBIG nonprofit they contributed to will receive an additional $2,500 award through Dollars for Change. Donations made between 12:00am and 7:00am that meet the criteria, including gifts made during the pre-giving period of April 27 – May 9, will be eligible to be selected for Dollars for Change.
GiveBIG is a project of The Seattle Foundation and is sponsored by local businesses and individual donors. In 2016, GiveBIG raised $22 million from more than 45,000 donors, and added more than $6,400 to the Mirror Stage coffers!